
The last few years Eric has really gotten into the sailboats. The resort we stay in has them in the bay across the street. At the end of the week there is a race, Eric really wanted to enter it last year so I (Charmaine) was the one he finally convinced to go with him. We won last year, beating Mark and Karina, and his father-in-law Don. So this year the trash talk started early, everyone said team Eric was going down. Mark and Kelly raced together this year then there was another couple from the resort. Eric and I got off to a late start, and it looked like we might not win after all, but Eric just kept going and soon enough we passed Mark and Kelly, and were doing all we could to catch the other boat. They had clearly done this before and were way out ahead. but just at the end we caught up and passed them, it was a close call, with both of us doing all we could to win, but Eric pulled it off again. It took Mark and Kelly a while to get back in. The wind toward the shore was hard to catch, which is how Eric got ahead of the other team. Eric jumped in to help Mark and Kelly make it back to shore. All I can say is, we did it again, or rather Eric did, I just try to stay out of his way. Good luck next year guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment